top blog sites
top blog sites
Google+

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

On Fandoms

I have a confession to make. Before we progress our relationship any further, I should tell you... I'm a Whovian. Not only that, I'm also a Nerdfighter! I know what you're thinking, "Oh, that poor lost soul." You may even be right about that, but let me ask you one thing: if you could own your very own TARDIS, wouldn't you?


That's what I thought. Anyways, in case you're not in the know, a fandom is an inevitable consequence of the internet and social media. Firs, you watch a few episodes from a TV show or YouTube channel, then you watch all of them. Before you know it, you're reading everything you can find about the aforementioned content online. Then, you run out of episodes. At that point, all reason ceases to exist, and you retreat within your own mind. Many victims surround themselves with pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch or John Green (depending on the fandom, of course.) To date, there is no cure, nor is it expected that there ever will be. As Sabrina from Nerdy and Quirky once said, "For most things in life, there's a way out. Not this... They're going down with this ship." 

Regretfully, I suspect that might be true. It's to late for me, but it may not be for you. Save yourself, before it's too late. Don't be seduced by Benedict Cumberbatch.


If you would like to learn more about fandoms and their effects on victims, watch Nerdy and Quirky's video on the subject bellow, and don't be afraid to share your thoughts on the matter in the comments.
                                        

Ignorance is the curse of God;
knowledge is the wing
wherewith we fly to heaven.

-William Shakespeare